Free Mobile Data
The Department for Education (DfE) has said it has agreed with mobile network operators that they should provide free data to disadvantaged families to support their children in remote learning.
To apply for the government free data, please read the following Privacy Statement and complete the form by clicking on the link below - by 1pm on Friday 15th January 2020.
1. For the purposes of data protection, I need to let you know that the Department for Education (DfE) is running the Mobile Network Offer through schools and their trusts or local authorities.
2. If the offer is taken up by an adult account holder, the school or social care team will share the account holder’s name and mobile phone details with the DfE, who will share these with the relevant mobile network operator.
3. The mobile network operator will use that information to increase the data available for the account holder’s mobile device, as long as they qualify for the offer.
4. The adult account holder’s personal data is only shared with their mobile network operator for the purposes of the offer. No names of children or other adults, other than adult account holder, are shared with the DfE or the mobile network operator.
5. No personal information will be shared with the DfE if you do not want to take up the offer.
6. If you want to know more about how your personal information will be used before you take up the offer, we can send that to you first.
7. If you decide to take up the offer, you’ll get a text message from the Department for Education with more information about your data protection rights.
Please ensure you read the Privacy Statement above.
Beaumont Lodge Primary School has chosen Seesaw due to the flexibility it offers. Seesaw works on a range of devices - even some gaming consoles!
For the 2020 to 2021 academic year, DfE is providing laptops and tablets to schools to help children and families in need to access remote education during coronavirus (COVID-19). Devices have been made available for disadvantaged children in certain year groups who meet a set criteria.
If your child is unable to access Remote Learning due to technology constraints, you can apply to borrow a laptop under this scheme. Please complete the form below.
Please submit your full name and email address below. In the message section, please give as many details as possible in regards to the technology you do have access to so we can do our best to support you. Please ensure you indicate whether there are laptops, Ipads, kindle fires, tablets, Amazon Fire Stick TV and mobile phones within the home.