- Play times tables games.
- Play mental maths games including counting in different amounts, forwards and backwards.
- Encourage opportunities for telling the time.
- Encourage opportunities for counting coins and money; finding amounts or calculating change when shopping.
- Look for numbers on street signs, car registrations and anywhere else!
- Look for examples of 2D and 3D shapes around the home.
- Identify, weigh or measure quantities and amounts in the kitchen or in recipes.
- Play games involving numbers or logic, such as dominoes, card games, darts, draughts and chess.
The following document explains all the maths vocabulary your child will come across at school and explain their meaning to support you in supporting your child.